Sunday, November 16, 2008

[...]

On the Women's Retreat we were asked (just like last year) to draw a picture demonstrating where we were spiritually; my picture was based off of Jonahs cry/prayer in chapter 2


Those who cling to worthless idols
forfeit the grace that could be theirs


At the time, I was experiencing such an overwhelming feeling that I had been serving a counterfeit God. That I was somehow missing the God of the Bible. I had replaced Him with my distorted, less than glorious, less than worthy god. I had clung so tightly to worthless worthless idols, that I was missing the work and the hand of God all around me. And I had served this counterfeit god for sooo long that when smacked with the Gospel, it seemed all of sudden too good too be true. I am loved beyond my wildlest dreams. Your plans for me are for my benefit (Jer. 29:11)?! You are TRUSTWORTHY?! Mind blowing. Here's to preaching TRUTH to yourself.


I shared these lyrics as well, here's a snippet


[...]
Jonny Lang- Only A Man

I fell down and cried, Dear Jesus, rescue me again
I understand I am only a man

And He said,
What will it be now? Will you choose me or keep swimming up stream now? I've been inside your head hearing you scream out. Well here I am, just take my hand and I'll take out All of the pain and all of the fear All of the fear


I'll give you my burdens
I'll give you peace

All of my desires
I'll give you what you need

Oh, what about these chains, Lord?
I'll set you free

But they're so heavy
Lay them at my feet

I'll lay them at your feet....Just promise you won't leave
I'll never leave

So where do I go from here, Lord?
Just follow me
Just follow me

No comments: