Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Potters House

Edit

Tramaine
Hawkins- The Potter's House

This song has been the lifter of my spirits all winter. There's a line where the chorus kinda erupts and loudly proclaims "give Him the fragments of your broken life! My friend, the Potter wants to put you back together again"





I was brought to Hosea for what seems like the 200th time in the last 6 months.

6 Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes;
I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.

7 She will chase after her lovers but not catch them;
she will look for them but not find them.
Then she will say,
'I will go back to my husband as at first,
for then I was better off than now.'

God is just so impossibly relational. Every aspect of his hand in our life revolves around his flawed people interacting and bearing with one another, and most of all loving each other well. I want to be known for loving my friends, family and other loved ones well. I have been so selfish with my time and am grateful that God redeems relationships.

14 "Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her.

I was just so so comforted by being romanced by God. All the ways I was looking for Alex to love me better, I had the God of the Universe trying to allure me?! WHAT?! We prayed that we would both be allured by God and would fall in love with Him again and again. "God delights in revealing himself to those who will seek him with all their hearts"- Captivating

Jumble jumbled thoughts. bleh. Lighter posts to follow.

"Everyday I must choose to lay down my defensiveness and allow the healing balm of Jesus to attend to my wound and allow him to by my God, my Strength, and my Defender"

I came tonight, to the Potter's house with a crap load of fragments, and will wait patiently on my Lord, my Lover to put them back together again.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that last sentence.
:-)