Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Woman of the Bible

My bosses are insane. Every time I tell stories to my mom about the shenanigans of working at Local 237 she cracks up. I was hired to do research for the Education Department of the Union, but usually end up doing a lot of random admin stuff, listening to everyone complain about each other (which wears on the soul), homework, midday shopping excursions, handling member question, facebook etc. At some point I plan on devoting an entry to each one of the "characters in my office"--The Alcoholic but God-fearing Director, the single living-like-a-bachelorette-with a-whole-lotta-debt Assistant Director, and the Jaded secretary,--just to name a few.

choice quote from today
"G**damnit these people make me sick! Oh wait, honey I'm so sorry! I don't mean to offend you, I know you're a woman of the Bible" - Jaded Secretary

Anyway so the entire department decided to take a 3+ hour lunch..and I'm here holding down the fort all on my lonesome, reading Ladies Home Journal (don't judge, limited access at work!) There's an article referencing a challenge featured in Smith magazine (smithmag.net): Write your love story in six words. The results were complied in a new book called Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak, and they range from absurdly funny to poignant to downright heartrending.

"Magnetic attraction fused two polar opposites"

"Not always perfect. But so worthwile"

"Much married, fourth time is charmed"

"May/December...the best of seasons"

"Hog the covers, I don't mind"

"He's dumb but lifts heavy stuff"

LOL's

1 comment:

Xaris said...

HAHA! Try this: "You, but not you, opposite you".